fredag 12 oktober 2018

Främmandegörande (Viktor Sjklovskijs остранение), för oss i alla fall

T.S. Eliot beskriver ett Luciatåg (ur ett nyligen upptäckt brev från mottagandet av Nobelpriset):


"While I was shaving, at 6.45, I heard a chorus of young female voices piping a carol in the corridor; it came closer; my door burst open; and six comely young chambermaids, clad in what appeared to be white nightdresses and white stocking feet, with cardboard crowns on their heads with lighted candles in them – looking like walking birthday cakes – marched in singing. I hastily wiped the suds from my face, put on my overcoat over my underclothes, and bowed to them. They continued to sing throughout, so there was nothing to be said; but one of them held a tray with a cup of coffee and a few sweet biscuits which she held towards me, so I drank the coffee and ate the biscuit."

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar